24 Oct Mix & Match
Mix & Match
A great way to extend your wardrobe and extend your smart casual collection is to mix and match separates and even incorporate your suits in to this concept. Here at roomten we see “mix & match” being an important part of every man and ladies wardrobe.
What is Mix & Match
In its simple form, simply combine colours and fabric textures. We often mix brown and blues, blues and greys and even greens and reds. Experiment and mix garments for example a corduroy or moleskin waistcoat with a tweed jacket can work really well, a brown jacket with blue jeans is another great example.
Do’ & Dont’s
- Firstly, there are no rules however these guidelines will help you avoid any major mistakes.
- Don’t mix and match patterns too much (e.g check with stripes)
- Contrast your colours carefully, as mentioned start with blues and greys and brown and blues.
- Alternatively mix and match shades of the same colour, dark grey and light grey, different blues can work really well.
- Once your mix & match collection grows build in some stronger colours, such as reds, oranges and gold/yellow colours can work really well and extend your collection.
- Also consider the impact of shoes, ties and pocket squares